The OER20 Conference, which will take place in London on 1-2 April 2020, has launched its call for proposals. The theme of the conference is The Care in Openness and the conference co-chairs are Mia Zamora, Daniel Villar-Onrubia and Jonathan Shaw.
Covering issues of privilege, equity, precarity, power relations and public interest, OER20 will put the spotlight on both the value and limitations of care in Open Education.
The co-chairs are particularly keen to hear from people who have an interest in the following indicative areas of practice:
- Openness in the age of surveillance
- Sustainable open education communities
- Open education for civic engagement and democracy
- Criticality and care in open education
- Caring pedagogies and designing for diverse communities of inclusion
Wildcard proposals that specifically address the conference themes in relation to open practice, research and policy are also welcome.
For further information and to submit a proposal, visit the conference website: OER20 The Care in Openness.